Let’s pretend it’s still Friday and not halfway to another Monday, mmkay?
1. Last weekend the man and I had a lovely date night.We started with a romantic dinner followed by questionable fashion choices, heavy duty trash talking and many mortifying celebratory dance moves.
We had bumpers and one of us still didn’t hit 100 in any of our three games. I swear I used to be an athlete.
2. Asher had a specialty doctor appointment (nothing serious), and this little guy is for real, with no exaggeration, the best baby on the planet. He didn’t even start fussing until the procedure had to be repeated. By that time, I was fussing more than he was.
Don’t judge a book by its lips.
3. I’m embarrassed by how true this rings in my life. To be fair, I do wear workout clothes in the hope that already being dressed will eliminate one of the excuses to avoid exercising. It works about 50% of the time. But I can be sure that Clayton will now chant in a horrendous British accent, “Active wear! Active wear!” 100% of the time.
4. My master plan is falling perfectly into place and all my friends are finding themselves with a similar schedule to ours during the week. This week that meant MOSI and the splash park.
Just a little aircraft maneuvering, no biggie.
Don’t worry, he cheered up when I told him he could smile, too.
Two years ago, almost exactly, at this park. Tear drop.
6. Bonus for being late: Listen to this song and try to accept that it’s been almost 20 years since it came out.
I hope you’re spending all weekend being inactive in your active wear. Just me?