This week was a typical blend of fun, work and tantrums, with a little mini fall fashion shopping trip thrown into the mix. Even though it’s 88 degrees. I’m tryyyyyying, promise.
1. Hello, lovers.
2. On Monday night I asked Addison what she wanted to do the next day. Without hesitation she said, “I want to go somewhere fancy and wear a pretty dress.” So that’s what we did. Despite the warning that fancy places involve a lot of sitting still and being calm, it was still a challenge to keep the butt in that pretty dress in the fancy seat for the entirety of our brunch. But there was spinning and browsing and grass lying, and it was one of my most favorite mornings.
3. And then dinos! Any time we hang out with people, the friends are all about the stuff, and Addie is all about the friends. It works well.
4. I really hope reefermane was sober enough to evaluate DC’s hammy accurately by his bowling technique. And also, STOP BOWLING AND KEEP FOAM ROLLING, DALVIN.
5. Are you watching “Black-ish?” Clayton and I love it. This week’s episode about white and black church was particularly amusing since we can totally relate. I think they do a great job of making fun of everyone without creating those weird “am I allowed to laugh at this?” moments. Everyone is in on the joke. And Diane is tiny precocious perfection.
Lots of fall-infused fun this weekend! Hopefully I don’t sweat through my plaid.
A little late getting this out today, but no worries, it’s just as apathetic as usual.
1. I feel like she looks sassy even when asleep. I swear that’s a pout about something unacceptable I’ve said in her dream, like all of your dresses are dirty or no we do not have a secret stash of cupcakes hidden from you.
2. My computer wasn’t printing from our almost brand new printer, so I logged on to a live chat with HP support. I feel like Hamford may have missed his calling as a crisis line operator.
Quite the supportive shoulder. Until 85 minutes into our chat, when the problem was still unresolved and he was focusing on printing from Adobe. I mentioned it was also not printing in Word and Hamford was all “I know that, moron*.” Eventually, H-money got me all fixed up and I smoothed things over with lots of unnecessary thank yous, exclamation points and one strategic “hooray.”
3. Hello, new potential favorite coffee spot. This is a local joint that I envision will see me a bunch once I get back to a regular work schedule. I could taste the yummy difference even in the decaf espresso. I already asked Clayton if we could go this weekend and I’m pretty sure he agreed between eye rolls. Small price to pay for watching four hours of the NFL Draft with him for three days.
4. Both of us needed to get out and lick our faces for awhile this week.
5. Addison’s little brother may have overdone it on the big sister gifts. He probably shouldn’t have waited until late stage pregnancy when his hormones were raging and emotions were teetering on threat level: redrum. He suggested 1. an outfit and accessories to receive before coming to the hospital from Mom and Dad and 2. some toys and stickers from the baby once she meets him. It’s like he has experience with her meltdowns and will go monstrously overboard to avoid one at the hospital or something.
*Hamford didn’t call me a moron, but I imagine he was thinking it. Also, I just like the gratuitous use of the name “Hamford.”